Kyrgios says Sydney pullout due to Covid-19

Kyrgios says Sydney pullout due to Covid-19

SYDNEY: Nick Kyrgios said today that he had pulled out of the Sydney Tennis Classic after testing positive for Covid-19, but hoped to be at the Australian Open next week “if all goes well.”

Kyrgios had withdrawn from the Melbourne Summer Set ATP tournament last week due to asthma, according to the organisers, and pulled out of his clash with Italian seventh seed Fabio Fognini today.

The Australian Open begins on January 17. — Reuters