Real Madrid and Barcelona have a keen interest in Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes, while Watford turned down a £25m bid for Ismaila Sarr on Friday, all in the papers.
LA LIGA PAIR CHASE BRUNO
Real Madrid and Barcelona are both chasing Bruno Fernandes only eight months after he joined Manchester United, claims a report.
The Sun says the pair “are closely monitoring Fernandes’ situation” after his debut season went with a bang.
Things have been more difficult for the 26-year-old this term, with two defeats already in the Premier League.
Fernandes was believed to be upset at being subbed at half-time in the 6-1 defeat to Spurs. He has since denied having an issue with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
However, reports have claimed he was very vocal leaving the field at half-time and was heard shouting in the dressing room.
Solskjaer said on Friday: “There are many reasons behind subs in a game and if I explain every time I take a player off, I don’t think that’s the right thing.
“I explained to Bruno and he accepted it, no problem.”
There is no other detail in the report from the tabloid.
AND THE REST
Chelsea are still interested in trying to sign AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma next summer. (Calciomercato)
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has told Mesut Ozil, 32, he has two months to prove himself at the club. The German World Cup-winning playmaker has not started a game for the Gunners since 7 March. (Express)
Barcelona and Real Madrid are monitoring the situation of Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes at Manchester United with a view to trying to sign the 26-year-old. (Sun)
£25m Sarr bid snubbed
Championship side Watford rejected a £25m deadline-day bid from Premier League club Crystal Palace for Senegal winger Ismaila Sarr, 22. (Mail)
Barcelona players have rejected a proposal to take a pay cut made by club president Josep Maria Bartomeu. (Marca)
Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers says Islam Slimani, 32, is still part of his plans. The Algeria forward has not played for the Foxes since January 2018. (Telegraph)
Kieran Tierney is expected to feature for Arsenal against Manchester City on Saturday, with the club understood to have been successful in their attempts to have his self-isolation cut short. (Telegraph)
Jurgen Klopp is still interested in signing Adama Traore and wants Liverpool to deliver him the Wolves star. (Daily Star)
Newcastle United winger Rolando Aarons’ deadline-day move to Huddersfield Town fell through as paperwork for the 24-year-old was not submitted to the EFL in time. (Shields Gazette)
Mesut Ozil is ‘yesterday’s news’ and will never play for Arsenal again, according to Sol Campbell. (Sun)
Former Premier League and Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane, 40, is to return to MLS side LA Galaxy as the club’s new manager. (Sun)
The Premier League has been warned it could face a government levy on broadcasting deals if it fails to improve a rescue package offer for the English Football League. (Telegraph – subscription required)
Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani was involved in the offer of a £300m partial buyout of the EFL by American firm TPG Capital, which was rejected by chairman Rick Parry last week. (Mail)
Arsenal are reportedly eyeing a £35m swoop for highly-rated Villarreal defender Pau Torres in January. (Mail)
Wolves head coach Nuno Espirito Santo is concerned COVID-19 testing of players could lead to matches being called off. (Independent)
Antoine Griezmann could leave Barcelona in favour of a move to Paris Saint-Germain based on his relationship with Lionel Messi (OkDiario)
Manchester United will attempt to make a push to sign Juventus striker Paulo Dybala next summer (TodoFichajes)
The post Paper Talk: Real Madrid, Barcelona all over Manchester United star; £25m Ismaila Sarr bid rejected appeared first on teamtalk.com.